So I walk up to my room and turn on my tv, PTI was the last thing i had on early in the day, so ESPN started to appear very dimly on my television and i saw what i've been hoping would somehow not happen. I watched Barry Bonds cross homeplate with his family and some giants players waiting for him at home plate. So Bonds has broken Henry Aarrons home run record of the last 33 years. I dont know anyone who is happy about this. With so many people who hate this man, I really wished that he hit this homerun on the road, I'd love to see him in a place where he is hated and be booed loudly as he crossed home plate. Some people say "innocent until proven guilty" but theres been plenty of evidence against him and when the man himself doesn't say anything to help himself and who wont talk about it anymore, we're only left to believe that the man is guilty of something. If anything, I wish that he would have served some time for his tax evasion, and not had this opportunity.
I will say to watch it, just made me feel, i dont know, dirty? Watching Henry Aaron, a very classy man congratulate a piece of scum? Not right. I'm glad Selig wasnt there, he shouldnt have to be. It's an even better story that Selig was at the Mitchell hearings today that talked about steroids in baseball, as lil bonds hit his homerun. The good that will come out of this? It's now over.
No comments:
Post a Comment